As promised, I’m back to formally accept the Liebster Award and nominate some other great blogs. When Laura from Littlefew so very kindly nominated me for this award, she also sent a list of questions for me to answer.
1. What moved you to create a blog?
Answer: I had all of these ideas rolling around in my head and I love reading blogs to see other people’s ideas. It just seemed like a fun thing to do and a way to share my ideas with other people. I’ve been dong this for almost two years and am still having so much fun with it. I’ve connected with so many other bloggers and feel like there’s this little community going on full of fabulous people!
2. Do you usually post your own photos on the blog?
Answer: My photos are usually my own unless I’m showing you something that I like from another source. If that’s the case, I always try to link back to the original post and give credit where credit is due.
3. Choose Three Words that would define your blog…
Answer: Fun, calming and thrifty.
4. What three words do you think define you as a person?
Answer: This is a hard one. I think it changes quite a bit but I’ll tell you the three that I strive for most: competent, serene, content
5. When you browse other blogs … what do you like most: design, text or photos?
6. What makes your blog different?
Answer: My blog isn’t necessarily a ‘design’ blog or a ‘food’ blog, it’s a whatever I’m doing at the moment blog. I don’t know if that makes it ‘different’, or not, but it’s a pretty good look inside my head. Scary.
7. Do you Usually work or talk with bloggers from other Countries to Participate in other creative projects?
Answer: I guess the answer is “yes”. Laura from Littlefew lives in Spain and gave me this award!
8. Do you think nowadays someone can earn his life only being a “blogger”?
Answer: Absolutely! I’m not earning anything from this blog, but I think it’s definitely possible.
9. Have you ever won an award or other recognition for your blog?
Answer: Yes, the Liebster Award!
10. If you win … Who would you dedicate?
Answer: My family! Without them, this blog wouldn’t be half as interesting. It would just be the cats and me.
11. And finally, what would you recommend to someone who just opened his own blog for the first time?
Answer: Go for it! Also, make connections with other bloggers and form a community. Leave lots of comments on other blogs. And, most importantly, have fun with it. If your blog starts to feel like pressure, then reassess things. Even if it is your livelihood, your blog should be your ‘happy place’.
Thank you, Laura, for nominating me! Abrazos y besos para ti!
Now for my nominations!
1. Brave New Home – Jennifer is creating a gorgeous home for her, her hubs and their little guy Anak. She has come-up with some awesome DIY projects that make me wish I had just a smidge of her talent. Take a look at this ‘N‘ she made from cardboard scraps. I might be able to do an ‘I’, as long as it wasn’t dotted.
3. Cape Cod Dreams – Asia and her boyfriend David have a sweet house that they have been working, working, working on. I really like following blogs like this because their motivation gives me motivation.
4. Older and Wisor – I actually found Rebecca’s blog a couple of years ago when Apartment Therapy ran a post about her amazing craft room transformation and I’ve been a steady reader ever since. She is wickedly funny and wildly creative. She has skills that would put MacGyver to shame. I think she could completely transform a house with a stick of gum and a bit of twine with maybe a paperclip thrown in for good measure.
5. Upcycle Addict – Because what she can do with someone else’s ‘trash’ is simply amazing!
My questions to the nominees:
1. Where do you get your inspiration?
2. What is your favorite color? Do you have one? Why?
3. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
4. What is the best book you last read?
5. What are your best tips for other bloggers?
This has been a lot of fun and, again, thank you Laura!
On a completely different note, today is my 40th birthday! I had such a great time in my thirties and I’m looking forward to seeing what all my forties have in store. So, on that note, I’ll leave you with a little Cracker, one of the best bands on the planet (in my estimation).